Study in National University of Ireland Galway
National University of Ireland Galway
Since its establishment in 1845, NUI Galway has produced a strong tradition connected with investigation in addition to scholarship or grant within a good academic atmosphere which emphasizes that scholar practical knowledge.
From an initial ingestion connected with 63 students within 1849, NUI Galway is actually any successful group connected with seventeen, 000 students, which more than a couple of, 000 tend to be global students, symbolizing several 92 nations across the globe.
NUI Galway is often a leading global, research-intensive school, placed on the list of top rated 250 research institutes on the earth. Some of our academics tend to be realised worldwide therefore to their abilities within locations which includes Biomedical Architectural Technology; Net Technologies, Human Rights Legislations, Environmental Marine & Power Investigation; Cultural Technology & Criminal court Protection plan; in addition to Electronic digital Humanities. Quite a few alumni in addition to academics have become leaders of their grounds within Ireland in addition to considerably outside of, which includes physicist, George Johnstone Stoney, which found in addition to branded that electron; Alice Perry, the primary lady engineer on the earth; several leaders within political in addition to criminal court living, which includes Leader connected with Ireland, Jordan N. Higgins; writers in addition to actors, Steve McGahern, Thomas Kilroy and also the leaders in the famous Druid Theatre Organization.
This specific website was created to help you obtain better to making which essential decision. Within these kinds of webpages we have produced along whatever you’ll want to help you decide which training shall be best for your family. The many basics tend to be covered, for example just how while to get a particular training. To provide you a genuine flavor in the atmosphere connected with UL, why don’t you visit that University’s on-line. From 2014, all mature scholar programs to NUI moving forward will right now end up being processed.
Depart and Course
- Transmission Electron Microscope
- TEM section preparation – Ultracryomicrotome, Metal Mirror Cryofixation, Freeze Substitution
- Glass Knife Maker
- Scanning FT-IR Spectrometer with Microscope
- Atomic Force and Scanning tunnelling microscopy systems
- Impedance Spectrometer
- Confocal Microscope
- Raman Microscope
- Fluorescence lifetime equipment
- Nikon Fluorescent and Light Microscopes
- Inverted Fluorescent Microscope plus image analysis software
- MMI Laser Scanning Microscope
- Olympus Fluorescent Inverted Microscope with image capture software
- Olympus Fluorescent Upright Microscope with image capture software
- Optigrid Platform with Volocity 3D/4D image capture software
- Rapid Plate & Twister Arm Liquid Handling
- Agilent Bioanalyser
- Microarray Scanner and printer
- Real time quantitative PCR machine
- ABI 96 well real time PCR fast system
- Standard PCR set-up gel rigs and image capture & densitometry apparatus
- Bacterial cloning equipment – incubators & centrifuges
- Kodak IS4000MM Imaging system
- Differential Scanning Colorimeter (DSC)
- Origin 3800 High Performance Computer with SGI workstations
- Universal Stress Rheometer
- Coordinate Measurement Machine
- Dynamic Mechanical Thermal Analyser
- Sinterstation 2500plus Rapid Prototyper
- Femtosecond Laser
- Axial Torsion Testing Machine
- Nano-Indenter with AFM head
- Pin on Disc Tribometer
- High Frequency Fatigue machine
- Marking Micro-machining Ultrafast (Femtosecond)
- Surface Activation
- Laser Ablation Computational Modelling
- Drilling Welding
- Raman spectroscopy/microscopy
- Fluorescence spectroscopy
- Fluorescence lifetime spectroscopy
- Reflectance spectroscopy
- Scanning White-Light Interferometry
How We can Apply
- An applicant must be at least 23 or older by 1st January in the year in which they wish to start their study, to be considered a mature student applicant. To submit an application for consideration as a mature student, the following steps must be completed:
- Apply to the CAO by 1st February 2014.
- Complete a NUI Supplemental Form This form must be posted to the CAO (NOT to NUI) by 1st February 2014. The supplemental form provides the additional information required by NUI to let the appliance that they are assessed. Students must provide a personal assertion for each system. Programs from mature students are not regarded as where the Supplemental Variety is not posted.
- Details of the fees for undergraduate Programmes for the academic year 2012/3 are available from the fees office website. Bank Giros are circulated to students as part of their Orientation Pack.
- Please visit the following website for some more useful information on financial support for further and higher education.
- You must have Adobe Acrobat reader software installed on your PC to read PDF files. This software is available free of charge from the Adobe website.
To mark the 40th anniversary of the NUI, 30 entry scholarship grants were being inaugurated within 2013. Students tend to be selected to the foundation of their efficiency in the Making Instrument. The worthiness in the honor is actually €2, 000. A further 4 entry scholarship grants can be purchased to mature students students needs to be 5 years of age to the very first Present cards.
Important dates 2014
- There are three closing dates for applications for 2014.
- Normal application: 1 February 2014
- Late applications: 1 May 2014 (Late applications may NOT be made by those applying on “Mature Grounds” or for entry to Medicine)
- Change of mind: 1 July 2014
- If you are submitting a non-standard application (an entry on page three of the application form), you should submit it to the CAO Officeby the 1 February, 2014
- Further information on Undergraduate Admission is available from the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- T: 353 (0)91 524411
- 353 (0)91 492386
- National University of Ireland Galway.